Is Pickle Pants Rescue neglecting, medically torturing and selling animals for profit? You will not believe what this organization is doing to one injured and helpless 10 month old Chihuahua and he is not the only one!

*This is the true story of a California based dog rescue group. Criminal charges have not yet been filed. All “human” names have been changed except mine. WARNING: Some photos are extremely graphic and may not be suitable for sensitive viewers.

“Yes, they are potty trained!” was the first lie Katelyn ever told me. I had recently offered my home as a foster environment for two homeless dogs after seeing a post pleading for help on Facebook back in September of 2015.

“Desperate for fosters!” it read. Along with the post was a pic of a cuddly looking puppy with sad eyes. I thought fostering sounded like an amazing way to give back to the community, especially since I was just starting over financially and the post stated that the rescue would cover all expenses of the animal while in my care including food and vetting.

So, without hesitation I reached out to the dog rescue group named Pickle Pants. Within a day a plump middle aged woman named “Katelyn” arrived at my small apartment with two energetic pups to do a “home check.” After a short conversation, Katelyn found my home to be acceptable enough and left the dogs in my care.

The next morning I awoke to what I can only describe as the devastation left ny a feces tornado. There was dog poop and urine EVERYWHERE.

“I don’t think this is going to work out,” I texted to Katelyn, along with details 0f what my apartment now looked like.

“They are potty trained, I promise, just give it a few days!”

Reluctantly I agreed. The weeks went by and even though the problem was never solved,  I grew attached to the little pups and found ways to deal with the on-going issue.

Then on one warm Sunday, I was volunteering at an adoption event (which had now become my regular weekend routine) to help Katelyn when my two first foster pups had a person interested in adopting them. Sadly I had to say my goodbyes.

That night I took home, Vegas, a canine-aggressive Bull Dog/Pointer mix. “Keep her away from other dogs!” Katelyn had warned me.

“Ok,” I agreed, “But I’m visiting my dad for the holidays in Arizona next month and he has two dogs, you will have to take Vegas back for the week then if she isn’t already adopted.”

“No problem!” she agreed.

I reminded Katelyn a week before my trip that she would have to take Vegas, the dog very soon.

“I can’t have her at my house! Sorry!”  Katelyn responded, just before informing me that Vegas had in fact KILLED another dog while in her care. Katelyn did not offer me any alternative such as paying for Vegas to be boarded in a facility for the week, so I had no choice but to take the dog on the trip with me and leave her pitifully muzzled and crated the majority of the week.

Finally the day arrived that Vegas was to be adopted. The family however was located in another state. Katelyn made plans to send Vegas to her new home several times. They all “fell through.”

Wanting the best for the dog and ready to get on with my life (the dog’s temperament prohibited me from doing many things, plus she had recently been sprayed by a skunk) I decided to lend a helping hand. Overnight I found a company willing to ship the dog for a small fee.

Katelyn was reluctant.

“It’s too expensive,” she complained. So, I networked and crowd funded and within a few days made the money to have Vegas transported overnight to her new home. Katelyn was still unconvinced. “It’s too dangerous!” So, out of desperation I offered to drive the dog myself. Katelyn had no issue with that.

That following Sunday I drove Vegas to her new home.

It was at an adoption event the following  week that Katelyn’s partner, Janet, arrived with a new dog for me to foster. The dog was an aggressive male named Shadow.

“I can try!” I said as I reluctantly led Shadow to my friends waiting car down the street. I got in and the dog jumped inside and onto my lap.

“Who is this?” my friend asked, looking lovingly at the dog.

“This is Shadow,” I replied.

No sooner had the words escaped my mouth that the dog lunged towards my hand. Before I knew what was happening the dog clasped his jaws around my hand and wouldn’t let go! I wasn’t sure what to do, as having never been attacked by a dog before. So I pushed the dog onto the floor of the vehicle with my other hand and tried to get my restrained hand away. Once he finally released me, I pulled him out of the car by his leash and fearfully walked him back to the event.

“This dog just attacked me,” I said, showing both Janet and Katelyn my bleeding wound. “I can’t take him, I’m sorry.”

“Please, just take him overnight. It’s too late to board him. He wont do it again,” Janet begged. “Here’s my number, just take him tonight and if anything happens call me and I will come get him.”

Stupidly I agreed.

The next day Shadow savagely attacked my friend.


I called Janet to come pick up Shadow but she didn’t answer, I texted her and she never replied. I reached out to Katelyn and she said she would come get him, but not until the following day.

Though I locked Shadow in a kennel, he growled, barked and attacked the door whenever I would walk by. I was scared he would break out and attack me, or worse my 8 year old son. That night I felt like an prisoner in my own home. The following morning, Katelyn did pick up shadow. He attacked her in the car on their way to boarding.

I was never issued an apology from Janet nor any excuse as to why she ignored my calls and texts. Medical reimbursement was never offered to my friend.

Here is his account:


A few weeks later Katelyn asked me to take a dog saved from a hoarding situation. I agreed, but when I arrived at the kennel to pick him up, it turned out there were two. Reluctantly I took both dogs feeling too guilty to leave one of the bonded pair behind. I had recently adopted a cat from Pickle Pants and now had a 2 pet maximum policy at my apartment.

“It will just be for a week!” Katelyn promised me.

Both dogs were extremely ill. I came home with prescriptions for both but they were finished a few days later and the dogs didn’t seem to be doing any better.

“The dogs need to go back to the vet, they are out of their medications and still really sick,” I warned Katelyn.

“It’s just kennel cough. I have medications here I will mail to you,” she promised.

A few days later they came. Both were in old prescription pill bottles with names scratched out and instructions written in pencil I couldn’t understand. When I voiced my concernes to both Janet and Katelyn they assured me the dogs were fine and to just keep giving them the meds they mailed me.

“If you can’t handle it, just take the dogs back to boarding!” Katelyn eventually blew me off.

Three weeks later I still had both dogs and their conditions were worsening. I awoke at 8am to a pounding on my front door. It had been my day off and I hadn’t been expecting anyone.I was relieved when it turned out to be Janet.

“I’m here to take the dogs to the dentist,” she explained.

She returned later that evening with both dogs and two jars full of teeth. “I had most of their teeth pulled. The dentist said he had to chizzle away bone they were so bad! Oh, but I forgot their pain medications. I’ll have to mail them to you!”

She never did.

So both dogs were left in my care after a somewhat major operation without anything to ease their sufferings.

Finally the day came for the dogs to be transported out of the country. Janet, who has ties in Canada, informed me that Pickle Pants would be sending roughly 40 dogs to Canada in an RV. The only problem, Katelyn hadn’t organized a way to get them all to Los Angles to board the RV.

So, once again, I stepped up to help in an attempt to save the dogs, I offered to pick some up myself. I retrieved several and then met everyone in LA.

Many of the dogs there were from Pickle Pants. Others however were not. I was told that some of the dogs had just been pulled from a local animal shelter without having been on a “stray hold” (the legal amount of time a shelter must hold a dog to look for their original owners before they can become available for public adoption), others were stolen from Mexico and brought illegally across the border just that day. Much of the paperwork on the dogs was forged. Many had no vetting at all.

The inside of the SUV was crammed with dogs and the trip took 3 days. The conditions were deplorable and one of the dogs died on the way. Another almost died, one of my fosters. It turned out he had untreated pancreatitis.

Not long after another dog’s story touched my heart. It was that of a tiny, 10 month old Chihuahua puppy named Dragon, saved from a high kill shelter with a bone sticking out of his arm. He sat there alone for 2 weeks and was listed to be euthanized before Pickle Pants Rescue pulled him.


Pickle Pants sent him into surgery at a non-profit veterinarian in Los Angeles called “The Pet Care Center.” Many rescues use this vet because of their low cost pricing.

Dragon came to my home just a day after the surgery that repaired his broken bone. He was wearing a tiny cast and had a small bottle of antibiotics for me to administer. However he did not have any pain medication nor was I given any care instructions.

“He needs a bandage change in a week,” Katelyn warned me. “There is another vet closer to you can use. It’s cheaper! Plus, Janet said he’s REALLY CUTE!”

The new vet was thus dubbed, “Vet Dreamy.”

I called and made Dragon’s first appointment for the following week. Once to the clinic, I took Dragon inside and introduced myself. The doctor took Dragon to the back and began the routine procedure, however, it was anything but routine.

“Come here, you need to see this,” the doctor advised me.

I followed him to the back of the clinic to see Dragon’s exposed wound for the first time.

“This is not normal. Look here,” he said, pointing to the wrist area of Dragon’s forearm. “It looks like it was fused together, if so it may never work properly again, plus it could cause other issues like arthritis at an early age. We will need to take an x-ray. I think it will require another surgery. Where is Dragon’s E collar?”

“His what?” I asked.

“It’s a cone he wears around his neck, so he wont chew on his bandage.”

“He doesn’t have one,” I admitted.

“Then I will donate one.”

Katelyn was called by both myself and Vet Dreamy and filled in on the news. “No, we aren’t going to do an x-ray,” she told me. “It’s too expensive. We will just take him back to Pet Care. Plus, Dreamy wanted to charge me more than $20. He said this wasn’t a regular bandage change. I told him he needed to stick to his word. Maybe you should show him your tits,” she suggested in a failed attempt to be funny.

“This is a lot more than a normal bandage change, but I will discount it for you, even though Pickle Pants is not licensed,” the doctor kindly offered.

That was news to me. Katelyn had told me that Pickle Pants was a legal organization and even gave me a fake license number! You can check for yourself here.

A week later I took Dragon in for a second bandage change. I was waiting in the lobby when Vet Dreamy came out with a startled look on his face. “This is no good, there is a hole on dragons wound, it looks infected. Come on back, I want you to see this.”

I followed the doc to the back of the clinic and he was right. There was a hole now showing on Dragon’s arm with puss surrounding it.

“This isn’t normal, I’m going to swab it so it can be sent out for a culture. If Katelyn doesn’t want to pay for it here, that’s fine. I will send it with you guys to do at Pet Care but it needs to be done, the infection could be dangerous.”

Dragon’s arm was cleaned and wrapped up. Both the doctor and I filled Katelyn in on all the details of the vistit, and as was now becoming routine, sent her pictures of Dragon’s unabandaged leg. The sample was left behind for Katelyn. Though she promised to have it cultured, she never did.

Because of the new infection, Dragon was now having bandage changes every 4 days. The next visit things had made a turn for the worst. We soon discovered that the “hole” in dragon’s arm was being caused by metal.

The metal screw used to put dragon’s arm back together was too long and had pierced right through his skin. This was same visit we noticed that the plate temporarily holding his arm together was too long and moving diagonally putting a lot of pressure on what should have been Dragon’s healing wrist.

Even without the needed x-ray, it was now clear that this surgery had been botched.

Again Katelyn was filled in on the visit and sent pictures.

“What kind of pain medicine is Dragon on?” the vet wanted to know.

“Nothing,” I answered.

“What do you mean nothing? Oh my God, his arm is very painful. I will donate pain medication if I need to.”

“Maybe an amputation would be better for him than all this surgery?” I suggested.

“No! Not on a front leg. If it were a back leg it would be different but a front leg we want to try and save if possible,” he assured me.

After a call to Katelyn she agreed to finally have something done about Dragon’s leg, just not in this office. She insisted on taking him back to Pet Care Center.

“They need to fix what they did. We already paid for it,” she told me.

That day I sadly left Dragon at Vet Dreamy’s office for Katelyn to pick up and transported to Pet Care. Dragon was to have the screw changed out for a smaller one and the plate in his arm removed. He was there 5 days. During the 5 days, I sent several text messages to Katelyn asking how Dragon was doing. She only gave me short answers and didn’t seem to have much information.

On the 5th day, I met Janet in a parking lot between our homes to pick up Dragon. He wasn’t wearing a bandage and right away I noticed that I could still see the screw.

“Where’s the bandage?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Guess he doesn’t need one,” she said.

“It looks like he’s in pain,” I stated. “Did they give him pain meds? What did they say?”

“I don’t know. They said he’s fine. Maybe it just needs to air out.”

“So Pet Care removed the plate?” I pressed.

“I think so. Anyway I got to go,” she said, handing me Dragon and his cone.

I held and kissed little Dragon all the way home, so happy he was back. Even though it had been only a few weeks we had greatly bonded. My bed was not as warm without his little body snuggled up next to mine.


It was close to bed time that night when I noticed that Dragon had licked the top of his injured foot raw. Even though he had the cone around his neck, because his leg was not wrapped, he could still reach around and lick.

Scared, I immediately took a picture and sent it to both Katelyn and Janet. Neither seemed worried. Actually, Katelyn seemed more annoyed than anything.

“Can I please PayPal you some money to purchase him a larger cone, Wendi?” was all she would offer. “If you can’t handle it, he can come here.”

I went ahead and took Dragon in for a bandage change the next day. Vet Dreamy confirmed, Pet Care had not removed the bar nor exchanged the screw. The stitches in Dragon’s arm were old and in fact, he removed them that visit.

“Please Katelyn, Pet Care is no good. Let’s let Vet Dreamy finish off Dragon’s care. He needs another surgery, he needs x-rays!”

“I can’t afford Dreamy, Wendi! He’s too expensive!”

“What if I found a way to pay for it? If I can get the money donated then can we let Dreamy do the operation?”


“Ok, I’ll set up a GoFundMe.”

“Go for it.”

With Katelyn’s permission and a determination to help my little furry friend I did just that.

Unfortunately, before I could raise the capital, it was time for Dragon to REALLY have the plate and screw removed at Pet Care.

I drove Dragon down to Pet Care on a Monday morning. I had a hard time locating the office because it was in what appeared to be an old house. The place was packed and filthy, smelling of urine and feces. I was there about 2 hours, only to find out Dragon “was not ready” to have the screw and plate removed, though I was armed with questions for the surgeon. Here is the email and attached picture I sent to both Vet Dreamy and Katelyn that day:

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 2:09 PM, Wendi Bear <> wrote:


I took Dragon to his vet visit in LA today,  hoping to get the plate removed. Of course on my way I ended up rescuing a stray.

The place was super packed and busy. Even though they were expecting us before 10, we still sat a good hour before they called Dragons name.

“Just a drop off, right?” the nurse wanted to know.

“I think so. He’s supposed to have his plate removed if he’s healed enough. But I wanted to talk to the doctor, I had some questions.”

“Ok. We will call you in a bit and take you into a room.”

“Thanks. Hey,  by the way,  I just found this dog,  can you scan him for a chip?” I asked holding up the new guy.

The nurse pulled out the scanner and ran it over the dog’s back but as I had suspected,  having no collar, he didn’t have a chip either.

I sat back down and waited another 15 minutes before being called into the back room.

It was scary (see attached pic).

A few minutes later a nurse came in and took Dragon into the back for his exam. While I was waiting I spoke to Katelyn about the new dog and she gave me the go-ahead to get him his shots while we were there.

Not long after the nurse reappeared with Dragon. He had on a new tiny bandage.

“Dragon isn’t ready for surgery. He hasn’t healed enough. Come back next week. The doctor is writing him a prescription for antibiotics.”

“He’s already on antibiotics,” I told her, while pulling out the bottle I brought along with me. “When can I speak to the doctor?”

“Oh, he can’t talk to you today, he’s in surgery, I’ll tell him about the antibiotics though.”

“Well, I’ve been taking over some of Dragons medical care and I have some questions for him about Dragons healing.  The screw is still visible and the plate looks to be turned diagonal.”

“Yes, it’s all normal,  come back next week for the surgery.”

“This other dog here,” I pointed out,  “I just found, can we get him some shots? “

“Yes, I’ll set that up for you,  wait here.”

The nurse left the room once again. When she returned, I started back in about about Dragon.

“Do you know if Dragons screw was changed out last time he was here? He’s been on antibiotics for 4 weeks now,  is that OK?”

Finally she gave up. “I think the doctor might be in between surgeries, I’ll see if I can send him in.”


She took the stray (now named Linus) in for shots. I stayed in the scary room. Finally the doctor came in.  Just as he entered,  I sneezed.  He offered to shake my hand but I had to decline, “Oh I just sneezed into it, sorry!”

*Probably not a good way to start the conversion.

“Dragon is doing well! He’s walking on his leg,  see?” he pointed out.

“He’s been doing that a while,” I noted.

“Yes but he was doing it without the bandage on,  that’s what we want,  movement.”

I pulled out my phone and set up the microphone,  “Is it OK if I record you?” I asked.

The Veterinarian looked shocked, “Why do want to record me?”

“Oh,  because I’ve been taking Dragon to most of his vet visits and I don’t always remember everything to tell Katelyn.”

“No, no. I’ve got to get back into surgery…”

“That’s OK, I don’t have to. Umm, the screw is still showing in dragons leg, what are you planning to do about that?”

“Dragon came to me with an old break. Did they tell you that?  There was a lot of calcium deposit. I had to rebreak  the leg. He is doing good,  it just will take a long time to heal.”

“Oh wow. Was the bone fused back together?  Will dragon regain function of his wrist or will it be straight?” I asked.

“He can move it, he’s bending it already.”

“So he will regain full function?” I pressed.

“He can move it.”

“So it isn’t bonded together straight?”

*crickets chirping*

I decided to move forward.

“Will the screw be replaced?” I asked.

“Dragon needs the screw to keep his arm secure. There was a lot of damage,  he needs strength.”

“Right,  but it’s showing through his skin. Was a smaller screw put in last time he was here?”

“The screw is OK. It will heal, it just takes time.”

“So the screw will stay in?”

“We don’t know yet. It could stay in,  it could come out.  It all depends. You need to be patient. Injuries like this take a lot of time,” he warned. “It will close up.”

“The plate looks a little crooked. I noticed it looked like it was putting pressure on his skin.”

“Where have you been taking him? To a specialist? ” he wanted to know.

“No,  it’s just some little place by my house that does bandage changes.”

He nodded.

“The plate is ok.”

“I’m concerned about the antibiotics. He’s been on them 4 weeks now,  is it possible that he could get an immunity to them?”

“He has a little infection.  He will have surgery Monday.”

“It’s a holiday,” I reminded him.

“Oh, well I will be here if Dragon needs me,” he promised.

“Well don’t kill your weekend over it!”

“No, no. We do surgeries here everyday. I will have _______ (person who’s name I forgot) call Katelyn and set it all up for you.”

“Ok, thanks!”

“See you next week.”

“Thanks for your time!”

I can’t make this stuff up… Anyway,  I have zero answers and feel just as nervous as before about all of this.

Wendi  (Dragons foster mom)

I decided to post Dragon’s story on this blog in hopes of gaining more support and it worked!

Over the weekend I raised $1400, more than enough to start the x-rays and planning for the next surgery.

I cried tears of happiness when I relayed the news to everyone! Finally Dragon would get the care he deserved!

Of course Pet Care hadn’t given Dragon a proper bandage and within 3 days I noticed it had begun falling down exposing pink flesh on Dragon’s arm. It also had an unusually foul oder.


The next morning, I took Dragon into Vet Dreamy’s office to have it looked at. Once removed, his arm exposed a gaping hole from one side through the other side of his arm.


“We ARE DEFINETELY taking a culture today!” Dreamy ordered. I agreed. Unfortunately Katelynn didn’t see the urgency and wanted to “shop around” for the best “deal.”

Luckily we had some funds so I went ahead and paid for the culture out of donations.

The culture came back to reveal that Dragon had a highly dangerous form of staph that was immune to almost all antibiotics, except for one that was very dangerous and could cause sever kidney damage.

Vet Dreamy was no longer willing to operate.

“I wouldn’t touch that thing with a 10 foot pole! It’s too dangerous it must be amputated!”

But, Katelynn wasn’t convinced and STILL wanted to try and “save Dragon’s leg.” Actually she was happy about the news! Her text is in the yellow.

So against Vet Dreamy’s warning and my pleading she took Dragon back to Pet Care Center to have the screw and plate removed despite his dangerous infection. Here is the email we received from Vet Dreamy.


Hi Katelynn/Wendi,

I wanted to recap and comment on Dragon’s case as I know the tensions are high especially in lieu of the fact that he is doing so poorly lately.
Dragon was diagnosed in the last 24 hours with a very dangerous multi-drug resistant strain of bacteria on his leg, which will essentially outlive most types of antibiotics. That aside, his screw is still visible from his surgery area and something needs to be done.
I had proposed giving the other doctor one last attempt at saving the leg and that is why I had proposed taking him back there so they could try whatever they thought in their head was the plan for Dragon.
I saw his leg today and unfortunately, I feel that his chances of keeping his leg are very low. His infection appeared much worse today. He’ll be having his evaluation from the other doctor tomorrow and they can determine what the next best step is in terms of trying to keep his leg.
If they deem his leg not savable, he will no longer be under their care as both of you have requested I take over his care after that point. I think we’re all in agreement that this poor dog needs help and while there has been plenty of miscommunication lately, I know we’re all eager to help Dragon and we have to try not to let our emotions get the best of us.
I really appreciate the opportunity to work with you both.
Without rescuers, dogs would die in the streets and in the shelters.
Without fosters, rescues would never make it.
So, let’s try to savoir the good relationship we’ve all had together and team up to do what we believe is best for Dragon moving forward. If they do surgery tomorrow, great. If not, then we’ll just go ahead and schedule his final recheck next week and schedule the amputation. Sound fair?

Signed Dreamy


I picked dragon up 2 days later and was utterly horrified when I saw him  crying and in severe pain, as once again, Pet Care, failed to care leaving Dragon yet again without adequate pain control.

I begged Katelyn to have mercy on the tiny pup but she was still stuck on saving the painful, deformed and disease plagued leg.

Here are the emails exchanged between myself, Katelyn and Vet Dreamy that day:



Hi Ladies,

It is my understanding from the brief e-mails I have received from you that Dragon had surgery yesterday and that the goal is to do whatever we can to save his leg. I have no clue what the other vet saw or did in there and what their discussion was with you guys with regards to whether this is a good or bad idea…..but I thought I would reach out with the following comments.
1) If his leg is savable, we should try to save it.
2) There is no way of telling medically if his leg will or will not respond to Amikacin injections, so please bear that in mind when you decide what you want to do from here.
3) The bug on his skin is only responsive to mupiricin ointment and Amikacin injections. So, that is what I would recommend if you want to try to kill off this incredibly dangerous infection.
4) Keep in mind that even if we treat and resolve his skin infection, he is still left with a leg that may not have healed correctly (I don’t know – we have no x-rays to look at).
5) Amikacin is not like other antibiotics. IT IS VERY DANGEROUS. It can cause kidney failure and for that reason, patients who are on it are in the hospital on IV fluids the entire time. We monitor their blood tests to make sure they are not going into kidney failure. They require a huge amount of work, multiple daily bandage changes, strict confinement in isolation (this is potentially contagious to other dogs and a bug I don’t want to spread to other areas of the hosiptal).
I just want to make sure you guys know what you’re signing up for….because Amikacin treatments obviously would allow this dog to potentially save his leg and be a normal dog…..but treatment to try this route is almost as expensive as an amputation (because we gave you such a big break on surgery, too). Either way, we’re giving you very big discounts for a lot of complicated and strenuous work…..and I’m up for whatever and will support you guys either way.
Please let me know how you want to proceed.
 So, we can start with his hospitalization stuff as early as tomorrow and will have to order his Amikacin (I have the other medication) later this week. The attached estimate covers him for 7 days with everything he needs including IV fluids, isolation care, food, meds, injections, etc.

I am for amputation.

1. This drug is too dangerous. It’s not guaranteed to work and can kill him.
2. Dragon is a puppy who deserves to run around,  he’s been locked in kennel rest too long. Quarantine will wreck his spirits.
3. Even if the leg is saved,  it doesn’t mean he will be a normal dog. There will be complications down the line.
4. We can NOT AFFORD this treatment.

5. The antibiotic treatment takes a week to even know if it will work! A weeks time of waiting could cause him more harm. If we were to do the amputation, Dragon could be running around feeling great in a week.

The goal of the rescuer is to work in the dogs best interest. Putting him through unnecessary pain and torture is not. If he was an old family pet it would be different but he’s a young orphan who deserves to get on with his life.  I beg you Katelyn PLEASE do the right thing. Stop playing Russian roulette with dragons life.  I see him in pain everyday and even though I’m not legally responsible for dragon I love him very much.

I will not be using dragon’s donation funds for any treatments going further unless it’s towards the amputation.



The surgeon who removed the plate and screw seems to think that his leg is “saveable”. Now please be aware that I am not a vet nor have I seen the leg myself.  I, of course, would like your opinion, Dr Dreamy, as you stated in your email here, if the leg can be saved, of course, that is what we have been working for all along.
Please let me know what you think once you have seen it tomorrow.  Thank you so much for your work.
Thank you, Wendi, for picking him up, I’m grateful for your devotion to little Dragon!

Out of desperation, I reached out to Janet, who had just returned from a month long trip around the world. She arrived back from her journey with only one dog. Could this trip have been expensed with Pickle Pants donations?








Janet’s lack of emotion still gives me chills.

I regrettably took Dragon to Vet Dreamy’s office to prepare him for the antibiotic treatment last Sunday. I told Dreamy to go ahead and take the x-rays and I would cover the costs from the donations.

The x-ray revealed what we already knew. They original surgery was not done correctly, the leg was deformed and to top it off, because of Katelyn and Janet’s refusal to get Dragon proper medical care, the staph infection Dragon picked up at Pet Center had begun eating away at the bones in his toes.

There was no saving the leg, it had gone on far too long untreated.

Dragon had his leg amputated on Wednesday June 8, 2016. I was the first to visit him and eager to take him home.


I sent photos to Katelyn but she didn’t respond. She was angry she didn’t get her way and wanted to punish me anyway she could.

You see keeping Dragon sick was making her money.

Let me break it down for you.

1) Before a rescue pulls a dog from the shelter they post a pic of a pooch online and people offer money in the form of pledges to pull the dog. A dog with a broken leg could easily pull upwards of $3000 for medical.

2) Once a pup is rescued, crowd funding can begin. There the rescue can easily get another $3000. If the rescue has more than one person crowd funding they can earn several times that.

3) Rescues can go to adoption events to raise money as well. I attended several events where I watched Pickle Pants fill up a GIANT jar full of cash donations.

4) Charity events, I attended one “Bingo” game at a restaurant benefiting Pickle Pants where they earned upwards of $10,000.

5) Adoption “donations.” Pickle Pants Rescue charges potential adopters a substantial fee for dogs. I’ve personally witnessed fees exceeding $400.

If Katelyn is collecting the pledges for the animals she’s pulling from the shelter to pay for their medical needs, then why is she taking the animals to the cheap non profit vet risking their lives with poor medical care?

Is Pickle Pants Rescue pocketing the money? Is Janet using her ties to Canada to hide their possibly enormous monetary gains?

Instead of sending Dragon home with me after his amputation, as I had been caring and advocating for him all this time, he was sent home with Janet.



So after I spent the last six weeks caring for this dog, took him to every vet appointment, raised money for his medical bills, advocated for him, missed time at work taking him to and from appointments I was told, “I’m not home enough.”

Well, here is a letter I received yesterday from Vet Dreamy controdicting katelyn’s text messages.


I found out today, Katelyn and Janet plan to sell Dragon for an amount into the thousands even though the money for his surgery had already been raised by me through:

Go see for yourself.

A friend of mine who applied to adopt Dragon filled me.



I also asked to adopt Dragon and was told “no.” Who better to adopt Dragon than the person who’s been caring for him through all his surgeries?

This is not the first time Katelyn has denied an animal a loving home due to her ego. In June of 2015, Katelyn sued a woman on Judge Judy. It’s here in this transcript. Judge Judy sided with the dog’s foster mom.

So what was Janet doing last night? I’m sure she was at home seeing to Dragon’s immediate medical needs right?


Janet and Katelyn were at the home of another former foster family STEALING a dog, a St. Bernard being fostered for over a year for Pickle Pants. Katelyn and Janet plan to sell that dog for $800 and as I have been told, stole the dog from his original owner.

If you ARE, or know the original owner of Grip, please contact me for the next chapter of this story.

Here is the current crowd funding page being used by Pickle Pants to gain funds for the dog using a fake name so the original owner can not find him. Pickle Pants has pocketed these funds as well. The foster mom, as she is about to tell you, already paid for this dog’s surgeries out of her own pocket.



You see, I’m not the first person Janet and Katelyn have used.

Their history of neglecting the medical needs of animals they adopt goes back much further. Here is a small piece of the testimony from another former Pickle Pants foster mom.







Is there any doubt that Katelyn and Janet don’t know the low quality of Pet Care Center?

Well, I spoke with another former foster mother of theirs. This is what she had to say:




This is just the beginning! Please share our story far and wide to let the world know how these poor animals are being treated in the care of both Pickle Pants Rescue and Pet Care Center!

If you have been wronged by either Pickle Pants Rescue or Pet Care Center of Los Angeles please make contact! You can reach me through the comment section or email me directly at:

Let’s start a class action law suit and make these animal abusers take responsibility for what they have done!

These crimes must not go unpunished! It is up to us to be the voices of the voiceless!

This is for you Dragon. May all your suffering not be in vain.

Wendi Bear 2016